Though Bigcommerce has integrated its own blogging feature, still many Bigcommerce store owners want the authority to use WordPress blogs for their own sites. But the Bigcommerce web development is created such a way that it is not possible to set up the WordPress Blog in Bigcommerce server. Though there is a solution for it. Site owners can run both the platforms -WordPress and BigCommerce at a time with their eCommerce stores.
How does it function?
It might sound complicated but in reality, it is more simpler. The eCommerce store owners can hold onto a sub-domain set up for blogging with another third-party host and create an ambiance to control the server for WorPress blogging. Hence this action will deliver two different sites for store and blogging based on Bigcommerce and WordPress and both the sites will belong to two different hosts. This is the most visible option for those who want to create an impact on both the Bigcommerce and WordPress business pages. It will help you to take the benefits of WordPress Blog and let you control the functional areas of an online business store.
Steps of integrating WordPress with Bigcommerce:
- Hosting Installation – If you don’t have a hosting account you are suggested set up a hosting account, where the website data will be stored and the server codes will directly function. to make this action more prominent website hosts are also suggested to opt for an advanced server. WordPress users are suggested to work on PHP for a better result.
- Build Up Your own WordPress – Nowadays WordPress installation is easier than anything that anybody can sync their own Bigcommerce sites with WordPress. Before one syncs with WordPress must configure the sub-domain at first. Users need to put up the WordPress for the sub-domain you have created not for any other place to make it run properly.
- DNS Setting Enhancements – before explaining this step, one must know what is DNS and very few have a clear understanding of this concept. DNS or Domain Name Servers id kind of an internet directory or phonebook, which consists the name of domains and translates internet protocols. It might be easier for an individual to remember the IP address but this is the only method through which computers search websites. the Bigcommerce site hosts, who want their visitors to see the blogs on WordPress must provide the IP addresses to find out the page quickly while searching. It will help the traffic to go to the Blog page from the eCommerce Store. Bigcommerce website administrators can directly change the DNS settings by visiting the Setup and tools option followed by tapping on DNS records. Before any change has been done, the administrator is suggested to gain complete knowledge about the action because DNS setting enhancement might be complicated and a lengthy procedure for one.
The reasons behind using WordPress with Bigcommerce websites:
- It enables all the codes that you can make changes at any time.
- While Bigcommerce supports 55,000 websites, WordPress is responsible for the successful hosting of 13 million websites. Hence, the web store administrators are going to find the support and developers quite easily.
3. It opens thousands of Bigcommerce search engine optimization options along with Bigcommerce design templates, which is also available in WordPress that users can bring newness in their presentations and make things unique.